Olive Free Library

Call for Art

In Search of the Goddess

March 16 – May 4, 2024
Curated by Kathy Yacoe and Sandra Scheuer

For our ancestors, the Goddess was a powerful, dynamic, and creative figure who represented fertility and the continuation of nature. The Goddess is associated with renewal, rebirth, transformation, and the mystery of death. She also attracts us with her alluring charms, arouses our curiosity about her powers, and tempts us with her pleasureful and unbridled nature.

This show will embrace the concept of the Goddess as the powerful representative of Mother Earth. Imagery could be of Mother Earth and the endless cycles of life, death, and rebirth or representations of the Goddess herself revealing ancient or modern ideals of feminine beauty and power.

All genres of art are considered but work must be wall-hung. The exhibition will open on Saturday, March 16, 3 – 5 pm and will run through May 4, 2024. If you are interested in submitting work to be considered for this show, please read the submission instructions.

Submission Guidelines:
1. All artwork should be original (no reproductions) and should fit the theme of the exhibition, “In Search of the Goddess.
2. All artwork should be no more than 48 inches x 48 inches in size, including frame. All works must be wall hung. Small shelves (to be provided by the artist) for sculptures are acceptable.
3. The library takes a 30% commission on all sales (the artist will receive the remaining 70% of the sale). All artwork must be for sale.
4. Send up to 5 jpg or png files (no zip files!) of your work in ONE EMAIL only (please do NOT include the frame in the image if your work is framed, only the artwork itself!) to oflartsubmissions@gmail.com.
5. Image files should each be named with the artwork’s title only. In the body of the email, please provide details for each of the works, i.e. title, medium, and size (height x width) incl. frame (if framed):
eg. Title 1: oil, 5” x 7”
Title 2: pastel, 8” x 10”
Title 3: pen & ink, 12” x 12”
6. All artwork must be properly WIRED ready for hanging. Any work not properly wired will be rejected.
7. All candidates must be 16 years or older.
8. Please submit your image files by Thursday, January 25, 2024 and send to oflartsubmissions@gmail.com.
9. If accepted, you will be contacted directly by email with all necessary forms for you to fill in, and submit them with your artwork during drop-off. Intake day is Monday, March 11, 2024.
10. All artworks have to be dropped off and picked up by the artist or a friend or family member (no mail!)
11. If you want to be added to the Olive Free Library’s email list and find out about its events and other exhibition opportunities, please send an email to director@olivefreelibrary.org
12. We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Exhibition Committee – Olive Free Library Association
4033 Route 28A, West Shokan, NY 12494
Phone: 845.657.2482
Email: oflartsubmissions@gmail.com

Follow by Email