Job Title: Youth Services Coordinator
Pay: $17.50 – $18.50
Hours: Part-time, minimum of 14 hours per week
Schedule: This may vary depending on the needs of the library. Standard hours may include day and/or evening hours to include weekdays and weekends.
Benefits: Paid holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement, and Employee Assistance Program.
The Olive Free Library seeks an enthusiastic individual with a strong community orientation, adept at teamwork, and capable of handling various responsibilities. The preferred candidate should possess experience working with children, ideally in a library or educational environment. Our primary goal is to ensure the satisfaction of our patrons and deliver exceptional service to the entire community.
The Youth Services Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing library programs and services specifically designed to engage and benefit children and their caregivers. This role involves collaborating with other library staff, community organizations, and educators to create a dynamic and inclusive environment that fosters a love for reading, learning, and creativity among youth.
– Design and implement age-appropriate programs and events for children, including storytimes, workshops, book clubs, and interactive activities.
– Stay informed about current trends in youth literature, education, and technology to ensure programs remain relevant and engaging.
– Build and maintain strong relationships with local schools, youth organizations, and community groups to promote library services and enhance outreach efforts.
– Collaborate with teachers and educators to support literacy initiatives and promote the use of library resources in educational settings.
– Incorporate technology into youth programs to enhance learning experiences, including the use of digital resources, interactive tools, and online platforms.
– Provide assistance and training to youth and caregivers on accessing and utilizing library technology resources.
– Work closely with other library departments to integrate youth services into the overall library program.
– Participate in library planning and decision-making processes to ensure the inclusion of youth perspectives.
– Advocate for the importance of youth services within the library and the community, emphasizing the role of libraries in supporting early literacy, education, and lifelong learning.
– Develop promotional materials and marketing strategies to increase awareness of youth programs and services.
– Assist with library clerk duties as needed.
– Previous experience working with children, preferably in a library or educational setting.
– Knowledge of youth literature, child development, and educational trends.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– Familiarity with library systems, technology, and digital resources.
– Creative and innovative thinking to design and implement engaging programs.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of traditionally excluded groups tend not to apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Chrissy Lawlor, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Youth Services Coordinator Application. Application review will continue until December 1, 2023 or the position is filled.